Opus is a mobile training platform that helps businesses train and engage their frontline teams. We’re a team of service industry veterans and technology professionals based in NY and we are on a mission to create a world where everyone has a good job. We're starting by building the most accessible learning management system ever, and are backed by leading venture capital investors to re-imagine what training can look like for deskless employees across the world.
- Full stack: Engineers at Opus work across our backend, web frontend, and mobile app each day in order to maximize the value we are creating for our customers.
- Speed and quality: We do not believe in the false dichotomy of "speed versus quality". At Opus, we move fast while keeping high standards for quality. We do this by prioritizing observability and keeping feedback loops as tight as possible.
- Technical vision setting: We're solving big problems and laying a technical foundation that we will build on for years to come. You'll play a big role in architecting the future of Opus while solving important problems for our customers right now.
Independence and autonomy
- Deep ownership: You'll have decision making power over everything you work on, and will take projects from a whiteboard to production on a weekly basis.
- Innovate: We're solving problems that no company has successfully solved before. Be responsible for finding solutions in creative ways, whether through our technical advisor network or on StackOverflow.
- Wear a product hat: Engineers are product owners. Expect to participate in customer calls, and spend time thinking about nitty gritty product decisions, and high-level product direction.
- Empathize with end users: Our users have unique needs that have rarely been addressed by mainstream tech companies. Our team regularly goes into restaurants to observe our user base and understand what problems we aren't quite solving yet.
Benefits & Compensation
- 4 weeks paid time off
- 14 weeks paid parental - take it all it once or spread over the first year. 35% of Opus is parents.
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision - we cover 100% of your health benefits through Aetna
- Commuter benefit - transit adds up. We offer pre-tax benefits on trains, buses, and parking.
- Gym and Wellness - staying mentally and physically healthy means getting access to anything from aerobics classes to acupuncture for free or at a low cost
- Mobile phone reimbursement - after all, we build on mobile, right
- Summer Fridays - because life is short and vitamin D is good for you ☀️